Are you interested in having another level of convenience and versatility in your life? Are you familiar with smart homes and want to learn how to transform your house? This guide -- Olympia’s Home Automation 101 -- is intended to show how you might utilize the latest technology to make your daily routine less of a challenge and more energy-efficient.
You can introduce smart home automation to a security system with confidence, and allow your home's lights, locking systems, thermostat, and even more equipment serve your specific preferences.
What Is Home Automation In Olympia?
If you own or plan to acquire a home, you’ve probably asked the following inquiry: What is home automation in Olympia? Generally, home automation keeps track of and operates various components at your home, so you aren’t required to. You can program items such as smart lights, locks, and thermostats to respond without you being on site. For example, there’s no need to engage a switch to brighten your lights or turn the dial on the wall to change the temperature.
Automation provides versatility and convenience to your property
Home automation may be different in every home. For instance, you may set your devices to act according to a schedule you’ve created with your home’s smart hub or smartphone app. Or arrange your devices to function in unison to create the ideal scene for movie night or for bedtime. Or have separate components react to each other so that your residence is always comfortable and safe. You may even command your integrated systems with your voice if you join them to a Google or Amazon speaker.
Of course, you have to have the right smart home automation package to have advanced features like scheduling and remote management. Many homeowners enjoy the most success connecting home automation devices to a security system. Modern security systems are equipped to manage cameras and alarms via a centralized control panel or cell phone security app. Including your automated lights, locks, and thermostat lets you administer everything from one place. Additionally, using your security system for your automated features has the added benefit of you only needing to understand a single platform for all your smart devices.
Consider These Smart Home Ideas For Olympia
You will find many advantageous smart home ideas for your Olympia property. Select from these choices to discover a world of convenience you may not have thought possible:
- Smart lighting: Have you ever woken up during the night and realized you neglected to switch off the lights downstairs? Would you like being able to tap your smartphone and turn them down without getting up? You might want to consider a set schedule and have some of your smart lights turn on at specified times to give the impression your home is in use when you're away. You might also program your automated light bulbs to illuminate if your surveillance systems uncover suspicious motion in the backyard.
- Smart entry locks: The unwise yet common habit of placing a key underneath your welcome mat is thankfully no longer needed when you use smart locks. Provide your loved ones with a custom unlock code or you might unlock your doors right from your mobile device. When you must allow access to a neighbor during a time when you're gone, create a temporary code and obtain a phone update if the locks engage.
- CO, flood, and fire detectors: Get instant alerts whenever a dangerous event happens with integrated CO, fire, and flood sensors. Investigate the current state of your components with your phone and receive warnings if one of these devices is triggered. Set other components to react to certain situations, like putting your ventilation fan in motion if your fire detectors are tripped. These important safety measures are also covered with 24-hour monitoring as a bonus.
- Home security cameras: Your integrated surveillance cameras have the ability to present an instant look at your grounds or interior any time you please. Examine real-time video straight from your mobile device or send clips to the cloud. Another popular choice is a video doorbell, which lets you know as a visitor arrives. You can communicate using the bi-directional audio function and have your hall lights automatically switch on.
- Smart thermostats: You no longer have to manipulate your thermostat dial by hand. As an alternative, fix your smart thermostat to activate according to your daily schedule. To illustrate, automatically reduce the temperature when you're not home. Then you might have your settings increase to a more suitable temperature an hour or so before you return. You also have the ability to access your smartphone app to inspect the comfort levels no matter where you are and alter it however you wish.
The Many Benefits Of Smart Home Automation In Olympia
So, is home automation worth the trouble? Thankfully, home automation offers more than merely a neat tool to control your locks and lights from your phone. Here's how automation adds actual perks to your hectic life.
- Protection: Home automation has clear and valuable security implications. Make your house look inhabited while you're away with preset lighting and see strangers with an automated doorbell camera. Get phone notifications and have your house illuminate when a motion sensor or alarm is triggered. Smart locks, surveillance, and devices like fire and flood detectors all promote an enhanced degree of protection for your property.
- Simply your life: When using the scheduling feature, you never have to think about turning off your lighting or engaging your door locks, as your system will handle it for you. Inspect your various implements when you're gone, and manage nearly all facets of your system remotely. Design scenes like movie night that adjust your devices in just the right way to achieve the optimal mood and comfort. Or tell your Google or Amazon assistant on the way you want your settings and see your home react immediately.
- Energy efficiency: A fantastic benefit of automation is that it may save you money. When it comes down to it, there are people in your residence who don’t remember to do things like flip off lights. By putting your lights on a schedule, you will avoid using electricity all hours of the day. Lower heating and cooling costs by adjusting your home’s comfort settings for occasions when you're not home. Did you not remember to lower the A/C when you left for a family excursion? That’s OK, as you can change it no matter where you are.
Ready To Go Beyond Home Automation 101 In Olympia?
If you're thinking, "how was it possible for me to exist without automation in the past," you should consult with your security security specialists. We can answer all your questions -- from smart thermostats to exterior surveillance -- and tailor the right package for you. Simply call (360) 200-8536 or submit the form below.