Modern smart security solutions are becoming more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, you may still neglect to complete easy security chores like arming your home security, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to remember doing these chores again? When utilizing geofencing in Olympia, you can just leave the driveway and make your home security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Olympia For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary around your property, which you may customize within your smartphone app. This convenient tool then uses your cell phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices utilize to communicate with each other. The technology takes smart home devices further by putting all components onto the same network. You can institute specific boundaries around your home and designate the specific actions you want to occur if you go past the specified border.
To illustrate, when you pull away from your property, you can program your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
These are several of the devices you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics including TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way to use your home’s security system in Olympia. When accessing the security app, you have the ability to do a lot with smart home automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you can:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart components to operate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to lower to indicate that it's time for bed, or disengage your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make particular devices activate when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to switch on the connected fan when the fire alarm goes off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your security camera notices abnormal activity outside.
● Set a scene: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Have your lights lower, the temperature go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with specific lighting and thermostat settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to arm the security system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you'll never forget to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Olympia
Whether you desire extra certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (360) 200-8536 or complete the form on this page to begin customizing your perfect security system.