Home security cameras can easily be installed as a deterrent—something that tells burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, modern security cameras arrive equipped with a number of tools all tailor-made to provide total protection for your home. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these tools enable you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Olympia.
How To Set Up Your Olympia Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
Mounting your video surveillance on the ideal locations around your living space is the right place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in high traffic rooms such as the living room or den. It’s also a great move to have a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to enter through to reach the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear view of your patio, drive, front and yards, garage, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. Then access a view of your main entryway through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations around your home that are less vital to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, placing a camera in the bedroom may hinder your privacy. You can always add window or motion sensors if you need a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Security Cameras
Device layout is only the foundation for utilizing the utmost out of home security cameras in Olympia. The features listed below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get instant notifications on your mobile device whenever unusual motion is sensed. You can also set cameras to begin filming when activity is detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your home security cameras to record and store clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: The majority of today’s security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to converse with people via the unit. With ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more exhaustive view of an area. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120° angle lens or that are able to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will capture clips of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the freedom to protect specific areas within your house.. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to inform you of activity occurring on your yard or your porch and overlook cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date notifications when the detect unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Olympia is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system can go from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (360) 200-8536 or fill out the form below to start building your home security and camera system today.