Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Olympia
You know you need to safeguard your home. After all, it provides shelter for your family and is where you keep your valuables. But what kind of home protection is ideal? Whether or not to utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the chief considerations you must make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Olympia and get a better sense of what’s best for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home’s defense bridges to a professional monitoring team that is ready to act at all times. When an entrypoint sensor triggers or a smoke detector starts to sound, your monitoring agents are issued an alert immediately. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and dispatch the appropriate emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t include professional support. You might think of this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your alarm goes off, you need to take action to remedy the situation. This option is the more affordable solution, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Olympia
Here’s a brief overview of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always smart. If you are not on site, sleeping, or without access to your phone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Faster response times: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll react more quickly to emergencies than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security might qualify you for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Superior equipment and flawless integration: By getting tools, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security specialist, you will enjoy a fully connected system with devices that may be better than what you will find yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Countless people prefer to have the job completed by qualified experts, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will typically be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This may be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Olympia
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t incur a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: Some may consider this a benefit as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an added expense. Other residents will prefer going with a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You may integrate components when you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. Taking that into account, you could find incorporating into a cohesive system more complex.
- You have complete control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting help.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you’re away from your smartphone and don’t receive a security notification? This circumstance will lead to additional stress and less peace of mind.
- Requires your complete attention: As you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Hooking up the system is up to you: If you require a helping hand during the install, you may have to employ a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Olympia
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Olympia from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored system is the best option for you. Dial (360) 200-8536 today to customize your package.