In the olden days, your security system components were restricted to where wires could go. You could forget about positioning a security camera on a table or governing your implements with a mobile device. However, home security is much different now, and that’s largely due to the incorporation of wireless systems. You presently have an array of additional perks to experience -- like online access to your system, components that connect and react to each other, and easy installations. Wireless home security systems in Olympia will protect your home while adding convenience to your life.
What To Consider When Switching To Wireless
Maybe the most important aspect of wireless home security can be summed up in the following words - internet connection. If you have access to fast internet and a quality Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for wireless equipment.
If you’re concerned about the internet going down or the loss of power, search for options that have cellular and battery backups at hand to sustain the link to your monitoring team without interruption.
If you live in a rural setting without reliable access to internet or cellular services, a wired installation will in all probability be a wiser option. Or It may also benefit you from a financial standpoint to opt for the traditional route if you move into a house that currently has wiring for security components installed.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in Olympia will boost your family’s protection, which is the primary purpose to start with. But, if you like the possibility of using the latest technology, consider the following perks of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Gain access to all the components in your house from your locking systems to your security cameras from the palm of your hand with the ADT Control app. You have the ability to check camera footage, turn on your connected lights, and even activate your alarm system on the rare chance you neglected to do so. When an emergency comes up, you are able to have updates sent right to your smartphone.
- Easy to install and customize: You won’t have to concern yourself with the endless wiring, damage to drywall, and lengthy installations. One of the best aspects of wireless gadgets is that you are able to put them practically in any location and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you want to customize later with new equipment, incorporating elements into your network is easy.
- Communications between devices: Wireless technology makes smart home interactions possible with quick, two-way communications. You can set your components to perform a function in specified scenarios to boost your safety and deter intrusions. For example, if your outside camera discovers odd activity along your home’s perimeter, it is able to instantly signal your interior lighting to illuminate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Olympia
Even though wireless home security systems in Olympia have shown to be dependable, it’s only natural if you are a little hesitant about installing one. The following are a handful of the most frequent concerns:
- Battery-operated wireless components might stop working if the battery is depleted. While this might be true, your smart implements will send you a notification whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors typically have to be placed within a certain distance from your home’s command center. ADT is able to supply range extenders for some packages to boost your adaptability.
- Similar to all types of internet-connected networks, the threat of getting hacked persists. But you are able to take steps to greatly reduce the risk by utilizing secure passwords, always updating default configurations, and choosing a router with an integrated firewall. Additionally, you should only install security devices with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Experts
Have you decided to experience the benefits of the current advancements in Olympia wireless home security? Call (360) 200-8536 to speak with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will assist you in designing the right package for your home.