Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Olympia? Generally, you should consider three major regions of the home for video surveillance: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. Even though your security installer can suggest where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Always Defend Your Front Door
Although it may seem crazy that a criminal would make an effort to simply enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of invasions happen at the front door. You also have porch pirates among other dangers to think about. A video doorbell is perfect to tackle these types of possibilities with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Video doorbells are nice as you can converse with all guests who approach and engage the doorbell. By using your mobile application, like ADT Control, you have the option to reply to every ring with two-direction audio and live feeds and appear to be at home. In the event someone attempts something nefarious, you can have your camera automatically capture footage and transmit it to your cell phone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Cameras
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult assignment. Luckily, there are a handful of suggestions to greatly increase the likelihood that your property is defended properly.
- Corners of your Olympia home provide a large sightline, as you can see two segments of your exterior.
- Just below an eave or straight into a bit of trim or siding are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Over your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing entryway for invaders than you may know!
- Above a deck or sliding door -- or any entrance that can’t be seen from the street.
In each of these spots, you should always cut back any brush and branches that may block the camera’s view.
Recommendations To Get The Highest Level of Performance From Your Interior Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your residence in Olympia. That same versatility means you have other installation variables to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Even though you should be certain your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine from a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Direct the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Utilize Height: Similar to an observation deck, a video camera installed in a higher spot will produce a broader view. Try placing your cameras on top of bookshelves or mounted on a corner or ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera will lose its ability to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Install your security cameras in a spot where kids and your furry friends aren’t able to interact with them. You could try mounting or other ways of attaching them to be certain they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The top video camera won’t do much good if you’ve got a decorative item or plant blocking the view. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items also have the ability to cloak your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the ideal plan for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Dial (360) 200-8536 or complete the following form to get started.